Recently a hotel in Japan opened up with robots for its staff. Guest still have to register using an in-house computer, but the check-in robot lady talks to people about when breakfast will be served, and other details. A cart-like robot takes suitcases up to rooms, and a coat-room robot stores people’s garments. The hotel is a novelty, but its owners are genuinely trying to save money by not having to hire human staff. While the whole concept is amazing, the abilities of robots still don’t match what a human being can do.
Here are seven facts about the human brain as designed by God:
1. No one knows for sure, but the latest estimate is that our brains contain roughly 86 billion brain cells.
2. More than 100,000 chemical reactions take place in your brain every second.
3. Brain information moves anywhere between 1 mph and an impressive 268 miles per hour. This is faster than Formula 1 race cars which top out at 240 mph.
4. The brain produces as many as 12,000 to 50,000 thoughts per day, depending on how deep a thinker a person is.
5. Babies have big heads to hold rapidly growing brains. A 2-year-old’s brain is 80% of adult size.
6. Your brain’s storage capacity is considered virtually unlimited. It doesn’t get “used up” like memory in your computer.
7. Best of all, a human brain is free. One comes with each baby at birth.
While man has been able to invent some amazing robots, they depend on a costly army of designers, maintenance people, parts, and programmers. The human brain speaks eloquently of the greatness of God.
David expressed it very well in Psalm 139:14, “I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well.”
– Tim Johnson